- What is Scotland doing for its young workforce? We communicate the important drivers that have an impact on our Sport and Leisure Industry
- SLC provide information, advice and guidance on the main recommendations for young people, age 16-24, who seek opportunities and new career pathways through employment, education or training.
SLC provide up to date sessions on the following :-
- More Choices more Chances focuses on Young People who are at risk of disengaging from education.
- Such programmes as the EVIP facilitated by F.E colleges. (Enhanced Vocational Inclusion Programme)
- We Provide :-
- Early intervention strategies for young people at RISK.
- Current issues on what impact Sport Coach UK has on coaching provision.
- Information on Skills Development Scotland. Current issues on “get that job”
- Information on the Scottish Qualification Authority. What qualifications do I need?
- Information on Business Gateway and connections to the Sport and Leisure Careers Industry.
- Information on developing a volunteer culture.
- (IAG) on Unemployed MCMC clients – adult Job seekers allowance (JSA) claimants –Job centre plus. (JCP) referrals –specific to sport & leisure.